Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Revlon Colorburst Lip Balms- Review and Comparison

 

 
Since we have been having tons of rain here lately, and I haven't been able to take new outfit photos thanks to the rain, I decided to do a beauty review for today's blog post.
 
 
Revlon creates three different types of Colorburst lip balms and I wanted to do a quick comparison of the three.
 



Revlon Colorburst Lacquer Balm
 
The Lacquer Balms are amazing! They provide the perfect amount of color, and they don't dry out your lips- not at all. They have a nice shine to them, without being too shiny, if you know what I mean, and they don't leave your lips feeling sticky either. They have some sparkle to them, which looks amazing when its on the lips. I find that these are excellent for when your in a hurry and don't have time for lip liner and a typical lipstick. You don't need to line your lips with these, and you can put it on without even lookin in a mirror! That's a HUGE plus for me when I'm in a hurry. The color "145 Ingenue" is easily my most worn lip color, yet it seems they quit making this color. Figures. Fortunately the color "140 Coy" is extremely similar. Its subtle and can be worn with everything. This Lacquer Balm is the lip product I keep in my purse at all times. I didn't include this color in the photo above since they no longer carry it, but I added Coy in the purchase section below if your wanting a natural color Lacquer Balm.

The one shown in the photo above is "115 Whimsical" and it is a gorgeous color when your wanting a pop of color without wearing full lipstick.


 
Revlon Colorburst Matte Balm

This is the first of the Colorburst products I tried. I have several colors and I have noticed they can each have a significant difference in texture and how moisturing they are, due to the specific color formula of each one. The one shown in the photos is "225 Sultry" and it's by far my favorite of the Matte Balms. This one is so creamy and has a silky feel to it. I have dry lips and often times matte lip colors just end up drying out my lips out, but this color is perfect! It's actually my go-to matte color. Some of the other colors don't glide onto the lips very well, and I have to wear some type of gloss over them so they don't dry out my lips, even though they are meant to be moisturizing. The only color formulation I really did not like was the color "230 Complex" which just doesn't apply to the lips correctly.

If you don't have dry lips then all of these will probably work for you, (with the exception of the color 230 Complex). However, if you do have dry lips and your wanting to give this matte balm a try I suggest the color in the photo- "225 Sultry."
 
 
Revlon Colorburst Balm Stain

This one is similar to the Lacquer Balm in terms or texture and how it feels on the lips, however this one has less of the shimmer in it (refer to the swatch comparison below). The amount of shine is slightly less than the Lacquer Balm, but it feels great of the lips, and is definitely moisturizing, just like the Lacquer Balm. The pigment coloring is gorgeous, and you can also apply this type quickly, yay! It doesn't have a sticky feel to it at all, and the color lasts for awhile (but you will most likely need to reapply after eating). I feel like this Balm Stain is the perfect middle point between the Matte Balm and the Lacquer Balm in terms of shine.

This one shown is "025 Sweetheart" and its such a gorgeous pink color, it would look good on just about any skin tone.




 

I hope you find this review helpful, and let me know in the comments section below if you have tried any of these products before and how you liked them.



Click On One To Purchase


 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment