I hadn't had a baked potato for years (at least 5 years, probably more). I recently got a craving for one, so this is what I made. It is definitely better than your average baked potato! The recipe I give is for 2 sweet potatoes. You can adjust the recipe depending how many servings you want, or use different ingredients.
You will need:2 Sweet Potatoes (cleaned)
1 Clove Garlic, minced
1/2 tsp. Cumin
1/2 tsp. Chili Powder (chipotle or regular, whichever you prefer)
1 Cup Spinach, chopped
For the topping:
1/4 Cup Cilantro, chopped
1 Cup shredded Mozzarella Cheese
1. Place potatoes on a baking sheet and bake in the oven at 400°F for 45-55 minutes. Poke with a fork to make sure they are soft in the middle before removing. If not, put back in and cook until they are.
2. Take potatoes out and let them cool for a few minutes, but leave the oven on.
3. Combine the garlic, cumin, chili powder, and spinach.
4. Scoop out the middle of the potatoes and combine with the mixed ingredients. Mix well.
5. Refill the potatoes with the filling then top with the cheese and cilantro.
6. Place back in the over for another 5-10 minutes.