For the Cookies:
1 1/2 C. Vegetable Shortening
1 1/2 C. Sugar
2 tsp. Vanilla
1 tsp. Almond Extract
4 C. Flour
1 Tbsp. Baking Powder
1/2 tsp. Salt
3 Tbsp. Milk
For the Filling:
Strawberry jam (I use Knotts Berry Farm)
1. Beat shortening until fluffy.
2. Gradually add the sugar and eggs one at a time.
3. Stir in the vanilla and the rest of the ingredients alternating with milk.
4. Roll into small cookies and press your thumb into the middle (will fill with the jelly).
5. Mix some strawberry jam with a little powdered sugar and fill in the middle of the cookies.
6. Bake at 350°F for 8 minutes.
7. Sprinkle powdered sugar on top of the cookies.