Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Striving For Modesty- Criss-Cross Tunic and Calligraphy Swirl Hijab



To read my Intro post about Striving For Modesty click HERE
In these photos I'm wearing the Criss-Cross Tunic in Yellow Mustard, but you can find it in several other colors HERE. Plus, its being restocked in even more colors!
This Criss-Cross Tunic from Striving For Modesty is a-maze-ing. Seriously. I can't even express just how much I love it, (I would wear it everyday if I could). It is made of a thin jersey material, which means it's extremely soft and comfortable; perfect for everyday wear. It's suitable for year round and it's extremely versatile. It would look great with a pencil skirt underneath, or with a light jacket over it in the cooler months. I plan on wearing it with some boots this winter.
My favorite part of this tunic would have to be the waterfall hem. The two front flaps overlay each other and they gradually get longer until it's close to floor length in the back. I feel like I'm wearing a shirt and a maxi cardigan in one! I often feel like clothing is too short in the front and doesn't give the proper coverage I am wanting. However, this tunic is long enough so that I didn't have to worry about that! Did I mention how beautifully it flows when you walk? The photos just cant capture the gorgeous flow of this waterfall hemline.
Not only is it super comfortable, but the price is excellent! In fact, everything at www.strivingformodesty.com is priced well within reason. Be sure to check them out if you haven't already!
 
Criss-Cross Tunic: Striving For Modesty
Hijab: Haute Hijab
Bracelet: Gift (Similar Here)
Shoes: (Similar Here)
Striving For Modesty Calligraphy Swirl Hijab


I am wearing the Arabic Calligraphy Swirl Hijab (in Taupe) from www.strivingformodesty.com
In comes in a variety of colors, which you can see HERE

I love jersey hijabs; they are so comfortable, and they don't slip around while your wearing them. However, most jersey scarves I find are only available in solid colors. I love that this one has the calligraphy detail to add a little bit of a design to the scarf. In addition to the calligraphy (which doesn't say anything, it's just random letters), it also has many small round studs lining the calligraphy.

This hijab is extremely soft, and not too thick or heavy. I have some other jersey hijabs that feel like they are weighing me down- not this one though. Plus, this taupe color is a "goes with everything" neutral hijab which is also on trend right now.

I paired it with a jean jacket and an olive colored maxi dress for a basic everyday casual outfit. The calligraphy added just the right amount of detail to the outfit.


 












Calligraphy Swirl Hijab: Striving For Modesty
Jean Jacket: Target
Dress: Not New
Double Wrap Mashallah Bracelet: MonAmour Collection
Shoes: Candie's

No comments:

Post a Comment