Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Hula Hut Style Mango Quesadillas

 
 
Hula Hut is a local restaurant where I live. The food is a mix between Mexican and Polynesian. I typically get the Mango-Poblano Chile Quesadillas, which is fresh mangos, poblano chiles and cream cheese. It is the perfect blend on sweet and spicy. I decided to make something similar at home, and this is what I came up with. This recipe is extremely easy, and perfect for a quick lunch.
 
 
Sorry the picture isn't very good, like I said, it was a quick lunch! If I had more time I probably would have drizzled Roasted Red Bell Pepper Sauce or Cilantro Dressing on it.
 
 

You Will Need:

Tortillas (I use Guerrilla)
Mango Salsa (Recipe Below)
Cream Cheese (I prefer the whipped cream cheese, but regular will work)
Poblano Chile- Cut into thin strips
Salt and Pepper
Chili Powder


Recipe For Mango Salsa:

1 Fresh Mango, diced
1 Red Bell Pepper, diced
1/2 A Purple Onion, chopped
1 8oz. Can Pineapple Tidbits
Chopped Fresh Cilantro

Combine all ingredients and mix well.

Note: If you only have few minutes to prepare lunch, this can be made the night before and stored in the refrigerator.



Directions:

1. Prepare the Mango Salsa.
2. Heat the tortillas in a pan (2 per quesadilla).
3. Spread the cream cheese onto the tortillas, add the poblano chiles, spices (to taste), and mango salsa.
4. Add another tortilla on top to make the quesadilla.
5. Heat the quesadillas until crispy.
6. Cut into triangles and serve immediately.










No comments:

Post a Comment