Friday, November 8, 2013

DIY Lip Gloss






     I have been using clear lipgloss for years now. Sometimes I feel that the colored glosses can become sticky, or they have a weird taste to them. Since they go on you lips anything with a weird taste is out of the question. I have recently started adding some powdered blush to some Vaseline and I have been very happy with the results. Let me know what you think!



 You will need:

1.Vaseline (a clear lipgloss would also work).
2. Powdered blush. If you don't have a powdered blush, then a pressed blush will work as well.
3. A shimmer powder (optional).
4. A small container with a lid (for storing). I used an old eyeshadow container.
5. A spoon and a small mixing bowl.







 The end result is shown here, along with the items I used.   
   


Take the Vaseline and scoop some out into a small mixing container (not the one you will store it in).
Add some of the powdered blush (Bare Minerals works well). If you do not have powdered blush you can take the back of a spoon and gently scrape a pressed blush and put the shavings into the mixing bowl. If you want to add some extra shine to the lipgloss you can add some shimmer powder. I used a loose shimmer powder eyeshadow. Mix until well blended. Once you have the desired color scoop into the small container.

No comments:

Post a Comment